Shipping / Logistics Customer Service Representative – CSR
About the Job
CSAV Agency North America, LLC, acts as the exclusive maritime agent for the shipping lines CSAV, Norasia and Libra in Canada and the United States. Our main office is located in Iselin, New Jersey with a local office in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC!
Operating across five continents, CSAV offers regular services, permanent sailings from many ports, fixed itineraries and suitable vessels able to convey a large number of containers and a wide variety of conventional cargo. CSAV owns vessels specially designed for frozen cargo, cars, bulk cargo and forest products. We also offer other complementary operations such as storage, pier services and intermodal service.
If you are an outstanding individual with exceptional customer service skills, an upbeat demeanor, and preferrably shipping/logistics experience, we’d love to hear from you!
We are growing! CSAV Agency is currently recruiting for the following positions, with a brief description provided below:
Customer Service Representative – Import or Export** (if applying to this position, please quote ICS082010a or ECS082010a in the subject line of your email)
Job Summary: Responsible for answering clients’ queries, by telephone and email, regarding all areas of business operations and assisting in problem resolution when required. Ensures that CSAV Agency provides the highest level of service and customer care by providing accurate booking and schedule information, answering questions regarding cargo enroute, documentation, equipment, operations, intermodal matters, as well as timely problem resolution.
Intermodal Coordinator** (if applying to this position, please quote INT082010a in the subject line of your email)
Job Summary: Perform all duties required to provide inland transportation via railroad(s) and/or motor carriers in compliance with shippers and rail/motor carrier requirements. Coordinate all Intermodal inland shipments (northbound and southbound) and for satellite offices.
** (if applying to this position, please quote EQP082010a in the subject line of your email)
Job Summary: Responsible for the movement, replenishment, expediting and managing of equipment through the cycle. Manages supply and control of Containers, Reefers and Gensets. Documents and publishes procedures on current logistical processes in order to maximize the use of current and future assets.
** (if applying to this position, please quote DEM082010a in the subject line of your email)
Job Summary: Responsible for all aspects of import cargo release, notification, and exam fee collection for ocean and rail shipments. Ensures that CSAV Agency provides the highest level of service by reconciling discharged cargo, the timely notification to clients of LFD, pending release requirements, holds/exams, invoicing of exam fees, pick up numbers, and timely release of cargo.
1. Fluent in the English language and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
2. Minimum High School Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma preferred
3. Experience working in a high call volume environment (i.e., call centre)
4. Maritime/Shipping/Logistics Industry training a plus
5. 0 to 3 years’ prior industry work experience in customer service, traffic, logistics, transportation services
6. Able to handle all types of customers, and stressful situations from time to time.
7. Good judgment and decision-making skills
8. Good researching and investigative skills
9. Able to work with various computer programs and software with ease
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . To ensure that we properly receive and review your application, send an application per each position you are interested in AND quote the competition ID# in the subject line of your email as follows:
*Import Customer Service: bulk cargo izifix
*Export Customer Service: ECS082010a
MARKETING ANALYST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
August 9, 2010
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services is one of the fastest growing companies in the container shipping industry.
We currently have an opening in the Montreal office for a MARKETING ANALYST – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT who will assist the Marketing department by providing them with statistics and develop reports according to their needs. In addition he/she will assist other departments regarding some administrative matters.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a container shipping company, have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and will be bilingual.
If you are interested in this position please reply by sending your resume in Word (.doc) format to email@example.com
MONTSHIP – ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
August 9, 2010
Montship Inc., one of Canada’s oldest and largest privately held shipping agencies has an opening for an Account Executive in the Montreal Office.
A minimum two years experience in the shipping industry is required. Operational experience is an asset along with Latin America and Southwest Pacific experience preferred.
If you are an enthusiastic; professional; people oriented team player that has good leadership skills, along with Commercial strengths in the handling of key accounts please respond in confidence to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile 514 286-4686.
We thank all applicants but only qualified potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.
INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
AbitibiBowater, Head Office, Montreal, Quebec
August 9, 2010
The International Logistics group is responsible for annual shipments of 1.2 million tonnes of paper from AbitibiBowater’s North American production facilities to destinations around the world. As Supervisor, you will be directly responsible for reserving all break bulk vessels and overseeing a team of 3 coordinating container shipments.
• 7 years of experience on international logistics, particularly maritime shipments (break bulk and containers) and team management
• Languages: Ideally bilingual (Fluency in English. French an asset)
• Computer skills: full MS Office, including advanced Excel (important). Familiarity with business intelligence tools (corpo rate systems, strategic network optimization tools, transporta tion cost management systems, etc.)
• good understanding of meaning and practical application of shipping and chartering terms
• good problem solving skills and management skills
• experienced in tactical planning, leadership and decision making
• an established network in the maritime community
Break bulk – main responsibilities:
• establish schedules for the overseas shipments via break bulk vessels. Close coordination with the Planning and Sales depart ments is paramount
• point-person to address matters related to the break bulk opera tions, such as revising freight invoices prior to payment, booking vessels, follow-up of vessel ETAs and evaluation of potential impact at the company’s port/mill operations, etc.
• monitor vessel loading operations at the mill ports, including monthly reviews of the ship loading costs and daily discussions with the paper mills, shipping lines, warehouses and stevedor ing companies involved
Managerial – main responsibilities:
• manage the shipment of over 1 million tonnes of paper products from North America to around the world
• leading a team of 3 people
• focus on identifying and pursuing opportunities to decrease freight costs
• monthly analysis of the freight costs of both break bulk and container exports
• close coordination with the Procurement department, jointly addressing issues like new trade lanes and regular quarterly tenders
Please forward resume in confidence to:
Only candidates of interest will be contacted.